Suitable for beginners ages 18 and up.
Cost: £175.00 (includes 3D prints) + booking fee
A beginner’s course, for those who want to start learning 3D modelling and 3D printing. You will learn basic 3D modelling skills through hands on exercises and how to prepare your 3D designs for 3D printing. We will work on hands-on exercises of small 3D printed objects, such as coasters, USB sticks and rings.
Some of the objects you work on will be professionally 3D printed in Nylon SLS and sent to you after the course.
The course will be given by Kevin Koekkoek at Create Space London, an inspiring maker’s space and artist studio in Wembley. Kevin Koekkoek is a designer/maker with a background as an architectural model maker and fine wood worker. He now creates jewellery with 3D printing in laser sintered Nylon.
What will you learn during this 2-day course?
– Basic 3D modelling skills with CAD with 123D make.
– How to design for 3D printing. We will consider desktop 3D printers (e.g. Ultimaker and Makerbot) and professional 3D printers.
– The difference between 3D printing materials (e.g. Nylon) and their most appropriate use.
What will you need for this course?
– Your own laptop (Mac or Windows), latest version of 123D design and mesh mixer. Download here
– A mouse. Working on the track pad of your laptop is not advisable.
– Be confident with working with computers.
Lunch and coffee will be provided during the course.